Free airport shuttles are included with your Mountain Ski Lodge experience
When you chosse to visit us at Mountain Ski Lodge the airport shuttle is included in the price of your experience. Located just a few minutes away from the famous Ainsworth Hot Springs. Mountain Ski's beautiful British Columbia lodge is easily accessible by car and yet when you arrive you can’t help but feel like you’re in the middle of paradise. Surrounded by conifer trees, with a sprawling lawn, landscaped outdoor spa area and outdoor fire circle, the lodge offers views of the Selkirk Mountain Range (a sub-range of the Rocky Mountains) as well as the expansive Kootenay Lake, one of the largest in the province.
Shuttle Instructions from Castlegar Airport, BC, Canada
Castlegar, BC Airport (YCG) – Flights are available here throughout the day on Air Canada via Vancouver or Calgary. Please arrange to land no later than 3:00pm. A complimentary shuttle will take you the 85 km (52 miles) to our lodge via the beautiful town of Nelson, which you can explore if you have the time. Your return flight can be booked for any time of the day, as the shuttle will match the flight times.
- Upon arrival at the small Castlegar airport, please look for the Queen City Shuttle parked directly out front and inform the driver (who will have your name) that you have arrived. Then you can collect your bags and/or use the washroom before the journey.
- You will be taken to The Hume Hotel in Nelson (a half-way point) and, depending on what time you’ve arrived, you’ll then have a chance to explore the beautiful town of Nelson. You can store your bags in the hotel lobby and then walk the one block up to Baker Street, which is the main shopping district and has a good selection of stores, art and craft galleries, tea shops, etc. Also, Touchstones Museum is directly across the street from the Hume Hotel.
- Note: if you’re arriving on the late afternoon flight, you will not have to wait in Nelson but will immediately transfer at the Hume Hotel for the shuttle service to our lodge.
- At 5:00pm you will again be picked up by The Queen City Shuttle at the Hume Hotel for the drive to the lodge. (Timing could vary depending on traffic delays.) Please be outside the Hume Hotel on Ward Street beside the Queen City sign at 4:45pm as the driver may not have time to come inside and look for you.
Shuttle Instructions from Spokane Airport, WA, USA
Spokane, WA Airport (GEG) – Please note: A passport is required to cross the border. Flights are available here throughout the day via many different airlines. If flying in on the Saturday start of your program, please arrange to land at the airport no later than 1:00pm in order to allow our shuttle to depart for the lodge at 1:30pm. Your return flight from Spokane should be no earlier than 1:00pm.
- A driver from Queen City Transport will meet you on the sidewalk outside the Alaska Airlines Departure Area (as indicated on the map below) between 1:00pm and 1:15pm PST. If you are coming in on another airline, please make your way to the other end of the airport (it’s not a big airport). The driver of the shuttle has your name and will be waiting curbside.
- The drive will take approximately 4.5 hours with the border crossing. We suggest all guests pick up a healthy snack and water prior to leaving the airport.